BloJJ

Adventures of a multidimensional freak

This is Juan Julián Merelo Guervós English-language blog. He teaches computer science at the University of Granada, in southern Spain. Come back here to read about politics, technology, with a new twist

Latest comments

  • Natasha en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • Cb en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • Dan Brown Freak en Spanish mostly pissed off at Dan Brown's Digital Fortress
  • Jack en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • Anónimo en About conference poster design and defense
  • Hendo en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • TML en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • Anonymous en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • RonS en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • miss en Riddles in Kafka on the shore
  • Blogs Out There

    Nelson Minar's Blog
    Jeremy Zawodny's Blog
    Kottke
    Complexes, Carlos Gershenson's blog
    IlliGAL, Genetic Algorithms blog
    Blogging in the wind, Víctor R. Ruiz's blog


    Atalaya, my Spanish language blog
    Geneura@Wordpress, our research group's blog.
    My home page

    Old stories


    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
    Blogalia

    Stats
    Inicio > Historias > Not an ARRAY error fixed

    Not an ARRAY error fixed

    I have spent the better part of this Saturday fixing errors reported by CPAN which reported stuff like
    t/0101-string.........Not an ARRAY reference at lib/Algorithm/Evolutionary/Individual/Base.pm line 118.

    These errors kept showing up in the new versions I uploaded, and didn't show either in previous versions or in my own code, for that matter.
    It was difficult to find out what was going on. It looked as if it had something to do with XML::Parser, which I used in its EasyTree version. I really couldn't fathom what was going on, since I didn't have the machines that yielded errors available. However, light shone on the bug when I tried to look for some bug in the latter module and I found XML::Parser::Style::EasyTree, which is a very recent incorporation, and lo and behold, as soon as I installed it I started to get the same errors!
    What was the problem? Well, the latest version of XML::Parser uses this last one when instantiated with the EasyTree option, as opposed to the one I supposed, even if you used it in your code. And the structure is all different; much easier and logical, BTW.
    Even if it's easier to use now, it has meant I have had to change all the XML processing code. Luckily, the set of tests has helped me through, and eventually all tests were cleared, and I uploaded the 0.62_3 version, which hopefully will be soon available, and will check out OK.
    Etiquetas: ,

    2009-02-07 19:32 | 0 Comment(s) | Filed in Just_A_Scientist

    Referencias (TrackBacks)

    URL de trackback de esta historia http://blojj.blogalia.com//trackbacks/61840

    Comentarios

    Nombre
    Correo-e
    URL
    Dirección IP: 23.20.130.128 (e24f3034b4)
    Comentario

    © 2002 - 2008 jmerelo
    Powered by Blogalia